ss_blog_claim=d5d99c4c70a3271d91dc685b5632f19e

Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Co-worker Quits

0 Comments

It was not a good day last Friday at my job. One of our top salespeople submitted his resignation. My boss was not expecting this at all. It is a big blow to him if he totally lose this employee. He has been working at the company for almost 15 years. He used to work as a sales representative of an advertising agency in New York and was recommended to this job by another co-worker. He has a good track record and always in the top three in terms of sales every month. Nobody knows what company is hiring him. Knowing him, he will not leave his present job unless he gets a better one. We all have our guesses and presumptions but nothing is definite yet. He was not returning any phone calls, text messages or emails.

I have been with this company for about 10 years now. Some employees have left and come back but I have never seen my boss as worried as he was last Friday. He has a lot of reasons to get worried. First, in about three weeks, we are going to open another branch down the shore and this salesman who quit was supposed to run that new branch. After this resignation, I do not know if he will still push through with the opening or wait until he gets somebody to take over his
place. Then, come spring and summer time, these are our peak season, so he needs the best salesperson to compete in the business. Hay, too many problems for my boss. I hope he find ways to resolve this the earliest possible time.

0 comments:

About Me