ss_blog_claim=d5d99c4c70a3271d91dc685b5632f19e

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Meeting My Seaman Nephew

0 Comments

He does not know my phone number. We have not seen each other for more than ten years. Now, he works as a seaman traveling around the world.

We communicate via the popular networking site. Last Tuesday, he posted as a status "hello new york." When i saw it, i right away replied telling him come to jersey and I will pick him up. He did not get my message until Thursday night. So finally, we ( me, hubby and the daughter) picked him up together with his friends at the post jersey yesterday night. As soon as I see him, I could not believe that the little boy i used to take care years ago is now a grown up, an income earner for the family. He told me that since his dad passed away he has been looking for ideas to pay for college. He is sending his little sister to school right now. She is studying to be a doctor. Although they have been doing a scholarship search, the most they can get is 50% free tuition excluding books, dorm and allowances. He said that it is a big responsibility but he is determined to work it out in every way he could. The time was just limited to catch up on everything but it was really good to see him.

We treated them to dinner at the Max restaurant then brought them back to the port around 11:00 pm. They will be on duty from 12 midnight to 6 in the morning then proceed to Bahamas. I do not know when they will get the chance to stop over here in new York again. The time spent together was short but it was indeed very sweet.

0 comments:

About Me