ss_blog_claim=d5d99c4c70a3271d91dc685b5632f19e

Saturday, July 21, 2012

My Car

0 Comments


Not too long ago, I wrote about my car’s milestone; reaching its 100,000 miles. To date, I am still driving my car at 133,000 miles! It is still in good running condition with only minor repairs (knock on wood!). However minor it is, once the engine light comes on, I still panic right away and would switch cars with my husband the next day.

The most recent of my panic attack was when I was on my way home from work. But even before the check engine light came on, I already had two instances where my car would die while in idle and thankfully it starts back up. It was on the third one that check engine light came on and stayed. How I wish the car has switches that can just turn the check engine light off. As soon as I got home, I asked hubby to bring the car to the shop and run a diagnostic test to see what is going on. The test gave him a code P0340 camshaft position sensor with list of probable causes like open or short circuit condition, poor electrical or weak battery condition or faulty camshaft position sensor. Although the part is available at the car parts store, we did not buy the part itself; we left to our mechanic to give us a quote for both parts and labor. He is one of the trusted and reliable mechanics we have known and who does not overcharge. ,To make the long story short, my car got fixed and the check engine light is now off.
,
We have been preparing for the day that my car would not be drivable at all. At this point, my big thanks for the services and comfort it has given us for the past 9 years. We started looking for a replacement but we have not made a pick yet. Which cars are we eyeing for? There are three, all are 4 cylinders only. We are still debating which of the three. ,Why not get a hybrid? That is another to consider too. But let’s see. We will let you know.

0 comments:

About Me